We're Hiring for Summer 2023!
Who We Are:
Our farm is a place that is devoted to building dreams. Located on 35 mountainous acres in Driftwood, 15 minutes outside of Smithers, we are home to a flock of Suffolk Sheep, 3 horses, 1 friendly cat, 2 barking dogs, lavender fields, flower and vegetable gardens and an awesome system of pastures and nature trails that is in constant need of care, attention and maintenance.
We are currently building a multi-purpose studio (headquarters for Little Lamb Lavender), a greenhouse and of course more gardens.
Owners Naomi and Carmen Nyuli each bring their own unique skills to the farm including professional Yoga, Event Organization, Communications Consulting, Small Business Development, Guide Outfitting, Farrier and Leatherwork services.
What We Offer:
It's our aim to offer employees and guests memorable life experiences where they can unplug, learn new skills, interact with the animals and experience the raw beauty of the property.
Are you a Canadian Youth between ages 18-30 looking for a cool summer experience helping on the farm and assisting Naomi with the Little Lamb Lavender business? Than this job might be right for you.
- Assist in care of animals (feeding, watering, etc.)
- Improve and develop farm infrastructure (fences, gates, systems, clear pasture, gardens)
- Plant and harvest lavender during season
- Run equipment when required including saw mill, lawn tools
- Write ongoing blog of farm activities, take photos, edit videos and add to media asset repository
- Lead farm tours for visitors
- Assist as necessary for special events, markets and workshops
- Assist in ongoing tasks for Little Lamb Lavender (shipping and receiving, inventory management, packaging, cleaning, social media marketing, etc.)
- Working with Naomi to accomplish a common goal
- Working in an entrepreneurial environment
- Leadership and cooperation
- Farming and gardening skills
- Customer service
- Professional and friendly
- A desire to roll up the sleeves no matter what the weather or situation (within reason of course)
- Ability to be flexible and work together as a team
- Growth in the areas of leadership
- Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation to/from the farm each work day.
Hours per week: 30 hours weekly. Hourly wage of $20.00/hr. Beginning the week of July 3rd and running consecutively through to the end of August.
Apply by June 16th, 2023 by sending your resume and cover letter to Naomi at email@example.com